- Make a Browser or Mobile App, Game, etc. with just one page of text
- New HTML Canvas for Wondrous Free-form Interactive Features
- ZIM designed for all ~ Absolute Beginner to Absolute Professional
- Tutorials, Workshops and Lessons prepared by ZIM Founder, Dan Zen
- Canadian New Media Awards Programmer and Educator of the Year
|TEACH KIDS SKOOL PROPS|
You will need a computer of any sort like a PC or Mac. A text editor preferably with syntax coloring (Atom, NotePad++, Sublime, VS Code, Brackets, DreamWeaver, etc.). And any modern browser such as Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge or Safari. Requirements have never been so freely available!
2. SET UP
3. LEARNCoding requires exact syntax (wording) so patience is needed. Coding also involves logic and is the best puzzle in the world. Enjoy the challenge and don't forget to revel when things work!
Lessons :: Creative Coding Lessons with Practice sections
Kids :: Creative Coding Tutorial Workshops for Kids
Visit ZIM KIDS for Creative Coding Workshop Tutorials including an easy online editor with code to follow and test right in the Browser. Tutorials are divided into PARTS, BUGS and THINGS and each tutorial has three levels. There is also MAGIC, SPELLS and SLATE pages to help you learn and practice!
Tutorials :: Examples of code explained with comments or video
The official tutorials are broken up into BASIC, MID and ADVANCED levels below. If you have never coded before or you are interested in the philosophy of code, you may want to watch the CODE ZERO videos. If you are ready to get going with ZIM you might want to try the BADGES tutorials to make APPS and ART. Teachers, please see TEACH. Have a look at the TIPS as there are new effiencies with ZIM since the tutorials. All the latest features since the tutorials are at ZIM Bubbling! A helpful demo of what ZIM can do can be found on the new INTRO page!